Standard Couplings(50-620mm diameter)
Designed for sewerage, drainage and all non and low pressure applications up to 2.5 bar.
The Standard Coupling range Type 2B - SC115 to SC620 is WIS 4-41-01 approved and suitable for private and public sewers.
Flexseal provides the most extensive range of Standard Couplings available in the marketplace and has revolutionised traditional pipe repair methods over the years. Flexseal Standard Couplings are specifically designed to connect and repair pipes of different materials or sizes used in sewerage, drainage and other underground applications.
When excavation work is required to repair a damaged pipe, Flexseal Standard Couplings will reduce the amount of time required and minor differences in pipe diameter can be accommodated. The combination of a durable design and excellent sealing properties when tightened to the correct torque enable the Flexseal Standard Coupling to provide a reliable seal on rough pipe surfaces e.g. concrete, as well as on smooth surfaces e.g. PVC.in the marketplace and has revolutionised traditional pipe repair methods over the years. Flexseal Standard Couplings are specifically designed to connect and repair pipes of different materials or sizes used in sewerage, drainage and other underground applications.
Standard Couplings can be combined with Flexseal Bushes in order to act as an adaptor between pipelines of differing outside diameters. Standard Couplings are made from EN681-1 EPDM rubber and have Grade 1.4301 (304) stainless steel clamps and shearbands.
Flexseal can also supply the product with nitrile sleeves for use with effluent which may be contaminated with hydrocarbons. Couplings are also available with Grade 1.4401 (316) stainless steel for improved corrosion protection. Please contact our sales office for further details.
- Withstands an internal pressure of up to 2.5 bar
- A proven, tested and durable coupling design ensuring a high performance and a reliable connection
- Stainless steel shear band provides excellent resistance to heavy loads and shear forces
- Reduces excavation work
- Complies with WIS 4-41-01 (all public sewers and sewers for adoption)
- Complies with BS EN 295 Part 4 & EN681-1: 1995 requirements for vitrified clay pipes and fittings
- Shear band ensures joint integrity and pipe alignment under load
When used individually or combined with bushes, Flexseal Standard Couplings have many applications in the construction, repair and maintenance of pipe systems:
- As a joint for plain ended pipes
- Repair and maintenance of existing pipelines
- Connecting short and cut lengths of pipe
- Making post construction connections to an existing pipeline
- Reconnection of laterals on renovated sewers
- Introducing a rocker pipe outside manholes or structures
- When used with bushes can accommodate differing pipe diameters
Standard Coupling Installation
For information about couplings for plumbing applications, please click here.
Was this page helpful?